Google Play Store is unarguably the largest app store for any OS out there and while the basis of its popularity remains the free apps that can be downloaded and used by anyone with an Android device, it does have an array of paid apps, which are very well worth the money, including some of its own services like YouTube Premium, among others.
Since Google Play is a big store and offers paid stuff, it also allows users to maintain a digital Google Play balance, which can be used to buy these apps, games, movies, and books, among other services offered in the Play Store by various developers.
If someone sent you a Google Play Store code or a gift card, or you purchased one for yourself, here is how you can redeem the code in Play Store. If you wish to purchase more gift cards, check out the guides that follow to learn where and how you can buy Google Play Store gift cards online and in stores.
Redeeming Google Play Store code
To redeem the Google Play Store on your Android device, follow the steps mentioned below. Make sure you’ve the code handy before you begin the steps below.
- Tap on the triple horizontal bars (hamburger) menu icon.
- Scroll down on the menu that appears to the left of the screen and tap on Redeem.
- Make sure that you’re redeeming the Google Play code to the correct account. Then enter the code and tap on the Redeem button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, tap on the Confirm button.
- You’ll then see the total Google Play balance with the addition you’ve just made.
You can also redeem the gift card while making a purchase; you’ll find the Redeem option at the bottom of the payment options.
Where can you buy Google Play Store code?
You can check the stores — online and brick and mortar — that sell Google Play gift cards here. The places where the Google Play gift cards are available in India are mentioned below.
- ICICI Bank (including Pockets)
- Yes Bank
- Reliance Digital
- Jio stores
- Vijay Sales
- Google Pay
- Axis Bank
You can go to any one of these apps or websites and search for Google Play gift cards to buy one and redeem it using the guide below.
To demonstrate, here we bought the Google Play gift card from Amazon. Check out the guide below if you’re going to buy it from Amazon too.
How to buy gift card on Amazon?
Since we bought the Google Play gift card via Amazon online, below we’ve mentioned in as few steps as possible how you can do the same.
It’s as easy as buying anything else on Amazon, except since this is a digital product code, it’ll be delivered to your email address within a few minutes after you make the purchase.
- Search for ‘Google Play Gift Code’ on Amazon app or website.
- Click on the first option available (unsponsored one).
- On the next page, select the amount of Google Play gift card you would like to buy. The amount ranges from INR 100 to 1500. Then enter the email address where you would like to send the gift card, followed by your name, an optional message and how many gift cards you’ll like to send.
- Once all the information is entered, tap on the Buy Now button.
- After making the payment, you’ll see a confirmation message (refer to the third screenshot from the left above).
- Go to the email you entered in the To field and you’ll find the Google Play Gift card there in a few minutes, which will contain the code under the heading Redemption Gift Code.
Head over to the Play Store either on PC or your Android device, make sure you’re logged in through the email account you want to redeem the code to and buy thing on and follow the guide above to redeem the Google Play store gift code.
Also read: How to log out of Google Play Store?
Prayank heads the Editorial at Candid.Technology. When not writing, he loves taking trips on his bikes or chugging beers as Manchester United battle rivals.
Contact Prayank via email: [email protected]