Messenger is Facebook’s in-house texting application that’s been around for quite some time now. Although Facebook has put a lot of time and effort into developing the app, it can still confuse some.
In this article, we’re going over the ‘this person is unavailable on Messenger’ error and a few possible solutions.
Also read: Why is Facebook not working? 7 Fixes
What does ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger‘ mean?
In most cases, if you see this error message, the chances are that the other person has blocked you on Messenger. However, there are few other reasons why you can run into this issue as well.
- The user deleted the coversation: If the other person deleted the conversation (deliberately or by accident) you might not be able to reach out to them.
- User account is deactivated: Another rather common reason, if the person you’re talking to disables their account, you’re going to see this error message.
- You blocked the person: You could just be trying to send a message to someone you’ve blocked. Unblock the person to resume the converation.
How to fix ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger‘ issue?
Well, to be honest, if you’re blocked by the other person, there isn’t much you can do in this situation. However, you can refer to this guide to check if you’re blocked by someone on Facebook or not.
However, if that’s not the case, here are few things you can try out.
Try sending a message request
One way of reaching out to the person you want is to head over to their Facebook profile and sending a message request. If the person accepts, you can start having the conversation again.
Check your block list
The next thing you should do is check your block list to see if you haven’t accidentally blocked whoever it is you’re trying to contact.
- Open the Facebook app and tap on the hamburger icon in the top right.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings & Privacy. Tap on Settings to continue.
- Scroll and tap on Blocking under Privacy.
- Check if the person is in this list. If they are, tap the Unblock button to unblock them.
Also read: How to unfollow someone on Facebook?