Airpods are one of the most sought-after wireless earbuds in the market that are sleek, stylish and convenient to use. Their sleek look with only a single button on the case makes it a little difficult to determine the battery life.
When you are going to be out for a longer period of time, it is better to check your Airpods battery life than being stuck in the middle of chaotic traffic with dead Airpods. In this article, we will guide you on how to check your Airpods battery on your iPhone, iPad and MacBook.
The Airpods case has a single LED light inside. It blinks- green, amber (orange), white- that indicates different actions and battery level. To learn about what do the notification lights on your Airpods case mean, check out our detailed guide about Airpods notification lights.
How to check AirPods battery on a iPhone or iPad?
Follow the steps mentioned below to check your Airpods battery on your iPhone or iPad
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad by swiping up from the bottom of your device’s screen and tap on the Bluetooth icon (refer to the screenshot above).
- Bring the Airpods case (with the earbuds inside it) near to the paired device and flip it open. A pop-up Airpods animation will appear at the bottom of the screen. This will show the battery life of your each Airpods and their case.
Also read: How to check your Macbook’s specs?
How to check the battery of AirPods via Settings?
Go to your iPhone’s home screen and follow the steps mentioned below to check the battery life of your Airpods.
- Swipe right to open your Widget page.
- Scroll down at the bottom of the screen and tap on Edit.
- Look for the battery widget and tap on green “+” sign to add it to the Widget page. Click Done to save the action.
- You can now see the battery percentage of all the connected devices on the Widget page; including both Airpods separately, Airpods case and even your iPhone.
Also read: How to check battery health on Macbook?
How to check AirPods battery on your MacBook?
You can check out your Airpods battery life on your Macbook if they are paired.
Step 1: On your Mac’s desktop, look at the Bluetooth icon on the menu bar at the top. If you do not find the bluetooth icon there, you have to enable it via System Preferences. Click on Bluetooth then click on the checkbox beside show Bluetooth in menu bar.
Step 2: Click on the Bluetooth icon and select Turn Bluetooth On. Look for your Airpods in the paired Devices list.
Step 3: Bring the Airpods case near to your Mac and open the lid. Then select your Airpods from the devices list and click on Connect. You can now see the battery of both your Airpods and their case as well.
Also read: How to use Find My Airpods?