Fitbit is an American digital health and fitness brand that has launched a series of smart wearables – trackers and smartwatches – the most recent being Fitbit Sense and Versa 3. These devices essentially capture your daily activities like step counts, sleep hours and also calories burnt.
Performing a factory reset or hard reset restores the original system of the device. It erases all stored data in the process. If there are unsolvable issues after performing restart and sync, or you want to dispose of or exchange the watch, performing a factory reset is a viable option.
Also read: How to restart Fitbit Versa?
How to factory reset Fitbit Versa?
The factory reset is performed via the Settings on your Fitbit smartwatch. The process is same for all the versions of the Fitbit smartwatch — Ionic, Versa and Sense.
- Tap on the Settings app on your watch and scroll to the end.
- Tap on the About option.
- Scroll down to the end and click on the Factory Reset option.
- Click on Yes/Reset/Confirm option in the prompt box.
The device will automatically reset once you click on Yes.
Also read: How to change time on Fitbit Versa?
How to Hard reset Fitbit?
When the screen fails to function properly, or the factory reset option is unavailable, a hard reset is another alternative. Hard reset typically works the same way as a factory reset, but with the hardware or buttons in the case of a smartwatch.
The hard reset method for Fitbit Sense, Versa 3, Versa 2, Versa Lite, Versa Ionic and Versa Blaze is the same.
- Click and hold the single button on the left side panel for about 10-15 seconds, or until the Fitbit logo appears.
- Release the button after the Fitbit logo appears.
For the case of a Fitbit Versa, the process is slightly different.
- Hold down all three buttons for about 10-15 seconds, or until the Fitbit logo appears.
- Release the bottom right button while still holding down the other two buttons.
- Release all buttons once you feel a strong vibration.
Once the watch reboots, ideally, you should be prompted for setting up the device. If there is no such prompt received, retry the regular Factory reset option from the watch settings.
Also read: How to update Fitbit Versa?
How to remove Fitbit device from your Fitbit account?
Generally, if you plan on disposing of or exchanging or returning the smartwatch, it is always recommended to remove the device from the app along with performing a factory reset.
Step 1: Log in to the Fitbit web application
Click here to access the web application
Step 2: Select the device to remove — Versa 3.
Step 3: Click on the device name.
Step 4: Scroll to the end of the page and click on the option Remove the Versa 3 from your account.
Step 5: Click on Remove in the dialogue box.
The Versa 3 has now successfully been removed from the Fitbit account.
Removing the device via mobile application
You can also remove the Fitbit device using the mobile application.
- Click on the top left round icon to go to the Account settings.
- Select the device to remove – Versa 3.
- Click on the bin in the top right corner of the device info.
- Click on Unpair in the prompt.
The device has been successfully removed.
Also read: What happens when you reset Network Settings on Android and iOS?