Notifications are vital in today’s day and age, especially when keeping up with the happenings around the world takes priority for many; but it is always good to take a break once in a while.
If in case you want to get some time away from your iPad, follow this guide to learn how you can mute system and notification sounds from the tablet and completely mute your iPad Pro.
Also read: How to know which iPad you have?
Mute System Sounds with Silent Mode
This setting will pause all system sounds, including notification tones, ringtones and in-game audio. The only exceptions to this feature are music and videos played voluntarily. For example, a track on Spotify or Apple Music or that dog video on YouTube.
To activate Silent Mode follow the steps listed below.
- Access Control Centre by swiping down from the right-top corner of the screen.
- Tap on the bell-shaped icon to activate Silent Mode.
Also read: How to sync iPhone to iPad?
Mute Notifications via Do Not Disturb Mode
The Do Not Disturb mode on iPadOS will block the sound from notifications and incoming calls on your device. Users can also configure DND to activate according to a schedule.
There are two ways for users to activate Do Not Disturb — apart from asking Siri to do it — and these have been explained below.
Activate Do Not Disturb via Control Centre
Access Control Centre by swiping down from the right-top corner of the screen and follow the steps listed ahead.
- Tap on the moon-shaped icon to activate Do Not Disturb mode.
- Long-press on the moon-shaped icon to access further options.
Activate Do Not Disturb via Settings
Open Settings application on your iPad and follow the steps listed below.
- Locate Do Not Disturb subsection.
- Tap on the toggle next to Do Not Disturb to activate the mode.
Mute Keyboard Clicks and Lock Sound
If you wish to keep your notification sounds enabled alongwith other system sounds but want to turn off the keyboard clicks and the lock sound, follow the steps listed below.
- Open Settings, and locate the Sounds subsection.
- Toggle off Keyboard Clicks and Lock Sound.
Has an interest in technology and video games. When not doing anything related to either of these you will find him with his books, educational or not.