Xbox remote play allows gamers to play their favourite games on mobile, PC or laptop, using the Xbox gaming console. However, sometimes, remote play may not work as intended leaving users to wonder why the Xbox remote play is not working.
In this article, we provide several fixes to get you back to gaming in no time.
Check your internet connection
Xbox remote play relies on the internet to work properly. If you are experiencing lag, frequent disconnections or a drop in FPS, there might be some internet issues. Here are a few tips that you to get back your internet working properly:
- Make sure that the device that you are trying to connect the WiFi to is working properly. Restart the device and perform additional troubleshooting if required.
- Ensure that the operating system on the device is up-to-date.
- Purchase a WiFi amplifying device if necessary.
- Check your network name again. You might be using the wrong network name and password connection.
- Check for firmware updates for your router.
- Upgrade to a higher bandwidth plan.
- Consider using the internet using an ethernet cord.
Also read: How to fix Xbox error 0x97e107df?
Check your device’s compatibility
Not all devices are compatible with the Xbox remote play. Make sure that the device is running on Android 6.0 and above or if you are using an Apple device, it should be running on iOS 10.3 or higher. Or, if you are using a Windows device, it should at least have a Windows 10 operating system.
Update your Xbox app
Updating your Xbox app might fix the Xbox remote play not working issue. Here are the steps to update the Xbox app:
- Open the Microsoft Store and then click on the three-dot button at the top right of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Downloads and updates option.
- Click on Get Updates.
Power cycle your modem and router
Power cycle means restarting the devices. Although the steps can vary according to your device, the general steps remain the same.
- Unplug the router and modem from the source. Remove the batteries from the modem.
- Wait for a minute and then put the batteries in the modem and plug both devices back into the power source.
- Turn on the power source and wait for the router and modem to fully power on. Check the status light on both devices to get an idea of whether they are on or not.
- Try to connect your computer again using the Ethernet connection.
Reinstall the Xbox app
If the problem still persists, you can uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox app and see if it works. Remember, always install the Xbox app from the authorised store and not from any shady websites which promise several other ‘unlocked’ features within the app.
Reset Xbox console
Finally, reset the Xbox console to fix the issue before contacting Xbox support. Follow the steps mentioned below to reset the Xbox console:
- Press the Xbox button to open Guide.
- Go to Profile and system > Settings > System > Console info and then select Reset Console.
- After that, select Reset and remove everything.
Also read: How to clean Xbox One?