Discord is one of the most popular VoIP programs available at the moment. The app lets you hang out with your friends on highly customisable servers and can be tuned to meet whatever you’re thinking of doing.
Discord uses a library called highlight.js to build its interfaces. While the UI doesn’t give you an option to change text colours, you can change the way the text appears when everyone else sees it in their inboxes or servers by writing code in your chatbox.
We’ll be encapsulating our text in three backticks (found above the Tab key) followed by a colour scheme command.
```fix Some text here ```
There are several limitations to this method. You will have to write the code for each line you send on Discord. Any messages you send using this method will also be shown in a box on the viewer’s end.
Here are the colour codes you can use for different colours, including
To type in red text, we’ll be using diff as follows
```diff - Anything after a dash will be red ```
Here’s how you can type orange text using css.
```css [Anything within square brackets will be orange] ```
Also read: How long is a Minecraft day?
Yellow text requires fix.
```fix Here's some Yellow text ```
Dark Green text can be typed using either bash or json as follows.
```bash "Some text in double quotes" ```
Light Green text can be added using diff.
```diff + Type anything after the plus ```
For blue text, you can use ini or css.
```ini [Text in square brackets will be blue] ```
```css .Anything-starting-with-a-dot-will-be-blue ```
Also read: How to minimise Discord?
More Discord guides from Candid.Technology
- Discord desktop mode: Everything you need to know
- How to become a Discord partner?
- How to create a Discord bot?
- How to add a music bot to Discord?
- MEE6 Discord bot commands: How to make a custom command?
- How to Strikethrough text in Discord? Other Markdowns explained
- How to screen share on Discord? | How to screen share on Discord mobile app?
- How to do Spoilers in Discord?
- How to record Discord Audio with OBS? How to mute Discord Audio?
- How to send videos on Discord?
- How to quote on Discord?
- How to lock roles on Discord?
- How to add friends in Discord?
- How to report user, server or DM on Discord?
- What happens when you block someone on Discord?
- How to make a welcome channel in Discord?
- How to delete a Discord server?
- How to delete messages in Discord?
- How to change your Discord password?
- How to stop Discord from opening on startup?
- Top 7 Discord themes
- Top 7 voice changers for Discord
- Top 15 funny TTS Discord sounds
- How to delete your Discord account? And how to restore deleted account?